TRAINING FOR SELF-DEFENSE, FITNESS, OR COMPETITION
Muay Thai is a traditional martial art that began in Thailand over 2000 years ago and is one of the fastest growing combat sports. Muay Thai is known as the “art of eight limbs” because it incorporates punches, kicks, knees, and elbow strikes. A Muay Thai fighter, or nak-muay, has the ability to strike using eight points of contact, versus two (fists) in boxing or four (fists & feet) in other martial arts. In addition to striking, Muay Thai also incorporates stand up grappling, called the clinch.
MUAY THAI AT X3 SPORTS
Muay Thai is great for learning self-defense techniques and getting healthy and fit. If you want to take your training to the next level, our world-class instructors can teach you everything you need to know to compete in Muay Thai or MMA competitions.
THE X3 SPORTS DIFFERENCE
- Professional, qualified instructors with over 50 years of combined Muay Thai experience
- Structured system for tracking progress and advancement
- Proper introduction of techniques (Beginner / Intermediate / Advanced)
- Beginner classes instructors who know how to work with athletes of all experience levels.
- Prepare students for completion, if desired
BENEFITS OF MUAY THAI
- Core Strength
- Cardiovascular Conditioning
- Muscular Endurance
- Balance / Coordination
- Stress Relief
- Improved Body Composition / Fat Loss
- Builds Self-Confidence
- Class / Team Camaraderie
- Focus / Discipline
- Competition / MMA Preparation